Friday, July 13, 2012

Rewind: Kickin it Old School

Zoe got to go to camp this year! She wasn't quit old enough for the camp our church goes to but she was for the one where I grew up. So we headed out to SICSC where the SON always shines. I have to admit it was kind of weird. I didn't feel old until other friends started showing up with their kids. Thats when it hit me. There was an entire new generation at camp now. A third generation of the Camp mafia! Its just pretty crazy to think about. When we got there they told us to just let Chloe stay too so we signed them both in. That left us with just Jo for the day. We had to drive 4 hours to camp so we couldn't just drive home and come back to pick them up. Our family in the area was busy so we pretty much hung out at camp all day. I'm not complaining it was nice to be "home". 




 The theme for the day camp they attended was called "Rewind: Kickin it Old School". I think this would be an awesome summer theme at White Oak. I can only imagine how much fun it would be with older kids. More than anything I can only think of all the fun that camp staff could have with this.

 According to Shawn that ET game shown below is the worst video game ever made. Apparently thats not just his opinion its just known in the nerd world that its a terrible game.

Shawn told me not to be one of those moms who follow their kids around and hover. He made me keep a distance so that they could really enjoy being campers and feel independent. I couldn't help but sneak in a few pictures though when they came near the area we were sitting. 


The girls got to have rest time in Cabin 6.


The girls attended several classes throughout the day but thy had a ton of fun stuff going on too. They got to swim in the camp pool and then they got to play on this.


 After camp was over they were given certificates and their camp picture. They had a wonderful time and so did I. I got to spend time catching up with old friends and best of all I got to visit with PaPa Ron! The worlds greatest camp manager. Oh and I even got to hear his son telling stories about Ron stealing the bell. Who would have ever thunk he stole a bell. Well more like tried to steal a bell according to D.
As soon as camp was over we hit the road and headed to Metropolis to see my grandpa at the nursing home. Of course that meant we had to take a picture or two because who can resist taking pictures in Metro?



Finally we got to the nursing home and had a nice visit with G'pa.





1 comment:

  1. You are such an awesome mommy making some very special memories with your three little ones. Love that you took them to the camp you attended so they could experience that. Love the photos with your grandpa. THose will be treasured too. You and your husband are doing a wonderful job of raising those beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete