Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This is Why We Do It

I know that people who know me get tired of hearing about Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I know they are tired of hearing me talk about research and awareness and how important they are. I know people are sick of me nagging to make sure they have been to see their doctor and they have a yearly mammogram if they are "of that age". I realize that people are sick of me saying that if you notice any abnormal changes in your breasts to go see a doctor. Unfortunately there are many in the medical community who just don't know about IBC so even seeing a doctor sometimes isn't good enough. This time you don't have to hear it from me you can hear it from a young bride named Casey. If you following my blog your probably a friend of mine because I'm pretty sure that no one else reads this and that's ok. Please as a friend of mine do me a favor and follow this link and read the story. Its a story of a young bride who's only symptom was that her wedding dress didn't fit right. She was 29, only a year older than I was when I was diagnosed. I was a lot luckier than she was by catching it only in stage 3 and I give credit to my outstanding medical team. I know we say that IBC is rare and it is the most rare form of breast cancer but its a lot more common than you would think. Please read her story. Thank you Casey for sharing your story with the world.
http://www.theibcnetwork.org/Lori_s_Page.html


1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz,

    Thanks for posting the link to your blog. While I am pretty familiar with your story, I have enjoyed reading your personal accounts and still keep in touch with you this way.

    Miss you around the office and I miss our chat's about business on the phone. It's simply not the same without you there.

    Glad you are doing so well for everything you have been through and I pray for you and your family that you continue to have a great life after such an awful event.

    Bruce Bjorge

    ReplyDelete